Posted on 09/02/2018
Under Armour Spieth 2 Golf Shoes | Made To Score
Posted on 29/11/2016
Under Armour Golf End The Season On A High
Posted on 16/11/2016
Looking For A Winter Golf Base Layer?
Posted on 20/10/2016
Slim Fit Winter Golf Trousers | 2016 Buying Guide
Posted on 11/08/2016
Olympic Golf | What To Expect In Rio
Posted on 28/07/2016
PGA Championship 2016 | The F18 Intro
Posted on 26/06/2015
Jordan Spieth Wins Again In Under Armour Golf
Posted on 14/04/2015
Jordan Spieth seizes his first major at 21...
Posted on 19/01/2015
10 Unmissable January Golf Sale Bargains...
The January golf sales are a perfect time to bag yourself a great golfing bargain. Here at Function 18, we have some fantastic items in the golf sale - ideal if you're planning to refresh your sporting wardrobe for the year ahead.
Here is a look at 10 of our favourite items and best bargains now available to pick up online.
10. This Puma men's monolite-filled golfing jacket from Puma is a must - £47.99 (was £79.99). It's lightweight and quilted material with stretch panels. Despite its light finish, the jacket is extremely warm, with a heat-retaining print applied to the inner shell.
Get yours here.
9. This Puma golf holdall is incredibly practical and roomy enough to hold all of your golf kit. Ideal for a weekend away or a day visit, pack away all your necessities in this stylish black and white monochrome design with the famous Puma logo – was £49.99,now £29.99!
Click here to shop.
8. Looking for a stylish waterproof jacket? This Sunderland waterproof is tailored to the body for a streamlined fit and comes in a range of colours. It has great stretch, a lightweight construction, a zipper front and handy pockets.
Snap one up here for only £63.99 (was £79.99)
7. For the ultimate piece of waterproof golfing kit, this Galvin Green Goretex zip-up jacket is waterproof and breathable as well as being highly stylish. It comes in a range of on-trend colours and will give you years of use on the course.
Available for £219.99 (was £274.95)
6. For warmer days, this lightweight and short-sleeved golf shirt from Galvin Green is ideal. It has ventilated panels for breathability as well as a tailored design for a slim-fit finish. It also works well as a day-to-day fashion item for casual but smart wear and has an anti-bacterial technology to keep it odour-free and fresh.
See it here at (Now £55.97 was £79.95)
5. This fantastic Peak Performance zip-up jacket has a brushed-fleece inner and a stretch construction with four-way movement. It is warm and toasty but lightweight and with a technical fabric that dries quickly. Available in stylish grey with a contrast zipper.
See it here at (Now available for £62.99, was £89.99)
4. These Under Armour golfing trousers will work in all weather conditions and provide you with great protection against the elements whilst keeping you cool and looking good:
Shop here for only £45.49 (was £64.99)
3. Every golfer needs a pair of checked golf trousers, and these are an excellent choice at a great price, from leading golf brand Galvin Green! Snap up a huge saving on this item, now available for £73.47 (was £104.95)
2. Made from beautiful merino wool, this fashionable Oscar Jacobson golf sweater features an argyle-inspired pattern on the sleeve. It's a great option for those enjoy referencing their love of golf in their day-to-day wardrobe.
Now £59.49 (was £84.99)
1.This fashionable IJP Design golf pullover has a breathable and high-quality cotton yarn with a modern stripe pattern and slim fit for a great shape. Get yours here for £47.97 (was £79.95):
Shop all of these great golf sale bargains and more online today at www.function18.com/on-sale.html
Posted on 20/11/2014
Stay warm this winter with Under Armour Cold Gear...
Under Armour’s unique ColdGear synthetic fabric is the ideal choice when the temperature drops, effectively dealing with both the external conditions and your body’s core temperature. Forget about the mid winter freeze, with Under Armour you can keep looking smart whilst feeling warm & protected!
The Under Armour base-layer technology is light and comfortable, yet still keeps you both dry and snug. The double-knit fabric construction, combined with warm fleece next to your skin, ensures that you are not cold when the temperature drops but also will not overheat. The Under Armour Second Skin compression fit can improve performance and minimise fatigue by keeping muscles warm during rest periods, increasing blood flow, warm-up speed and muscle efficiency.
The (water-loving) Hydro Phillic brushed polyester fabric forces water out towards the outer Water- Phobic layer, which promotes fast evaporation without the loss of valuable body heat. It prevents the formation of microbes and odour and has an effective four-way stretch to ensure ultimate manoeuvrability and comfort.
The specialist ColdGear fabric is another innovation from a company renowned as being the forefather for performance baselayer clothing. Launched in 1996 by Kevin Plank, a former American football player from the University of Maryland, the fabric was based on the idea of creating a superior t-shirt that would offer compression benefits and effectively deal with perspiration.
The idea was a garment that worked in harmony with the human body to enhance performance and regulate temperature — a concept that is still at the forefront of the company’s design. Today there are three complete ranges to cope with different weather conditions: HeatGear for hot weather; ColdGear for cold below 55 degrees F; and AllSeasonGear for the rest of the year.
There are ColdGear garments to suit all sports and activities, including a complete Under Armour Golf ColdGear range featuring jackets, tops and vests. There is no doubt that UA is famous for its base layers, but its ColdGear Golf collection does’t end there. There are mid-layers, waterproof jackets and golf trousers to ensure that neither you nor your performance will suffer when the weather takes a turn for the worst.
Shop the full range of Under Armour golf clothing today here at Function18!
Posted on 20/10/2013
The latest Under Armour now online at Function18...
Under Armour has become an extremely popular brand amongst golfers worldwide.
Due to their popularity, Under Armour are now recognised as experts in temperature control technology. The company have developed their golf apparel to suit all weather conditions – hot or cold. With winter fast approaching, the full Under Armour Cold Gear autumn / winter range is now online at Function18.
This year, Under Armour introduce the new Cold Gear Infrared technology across a number of garments. The Infrared technology consists of a soft, thermo-conductive pattern thats applied to the inner layer of performance fabrics. The ceramic pattern is designed to retain a larger proportion of natural body heat produced and dissipate it around the body for a warmer thermal feel. This mechanism allows the fabrics to be lighter when required but still offers a higher degree of thermal protection. Under Armour claim it to be "the best insulation system ever created"
Worn by the likes of PGA Tour superstars Hunter Mahan and Ross Fisher, the Cold Gear range provides the ultimate protection in cold and wintery conditions but without sacrificing style – a must for any keen winter golfer!
The popular compression base layers are designed to increase the blood flow through to the muscles during performance, increasing muscle proficiency and decreasing the early onset of fatigue. Smart technology also means that this compression system wicks away moisture from the body, leaving you dry and comfortable out on the course, no matter what the conditions.
Posted on 08/10/2012
Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods are set to go head to head
World number one McIlroy and 14-time major winner Woods, the world number two, have been drawn in the same group at the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final. It means the world's top two players will play each other at least once in the new and exciting £3.2m eight-man event.
Head-to-head matches will be fought out in a medal matchplay format, with the lowest strokeplay score over 18 holes winning a point.The winner of Group One will play the runner-up of Group Two, and vice versa, in Thursday's semi-finals with two players contesting a huge £935,000 first prize in Friday's final.
Oakley’s McIlroy and Nike’s Woods will not face each other until the final game on Wednesday, by which time they could already be through to the semi-finals."It's something I am looking forward to," said McIlroy. "Tiger has been a hero of mine growing up so to compete against him is a dream come true."This will be the first match we have had head-to-head and it's a match I would really like to win."
The 23-year-old Northern Irishman, who almost missed the start of his Ryder Cup singles match after a time mix-up at Medinah, added: "I haven't touched a club since the Ryder Cup so I am going to get to the course a little early to hit a few balls and see if it's still there. And I will make sure I am in the right time zone."
The World Golf Final is not deemed an official event on either the European or US PGA Tours.